Friday, August 7, 2009

Antinomianism

I was accused of antinomianism, after someone listen to Steve Browns , Free Means Free, and the Mahaney post, although I don't really go for these theological terms to much I wanted to say I am not antinomian although I lean strongly toward salvation through faith alone apart from works and not through the law I would take Romans 3:19-31 as my support in this view.

Antinomianism
From Theopedia


Antinomianism comes from the Greek meaning lawless. In Christian theology it is a pejorative term for the teaching that Christians are under no obligation to obey the laws of ethics or morality. Few, if any, would explicitly call themselves "antinomian," hence, it is usually a charge leveled by one group against an opposing group.
Antinomianism may be viewed as the polar opposite of legalism, the notion that obedience to a code of religious law is necessary for salvation. In this sense, both antinomianism and legalism are considered errant extremes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your panache, the particular inescapable accomplishment that your webpage is a dab bit different tends to pilfer it so serviceable, I become unimaginative of discovering same-old-same-old almost all of the time. I experience I straight stumbled on this epoch close you Express you.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]